Building Permits and Planning Permits

Building permits and zoning conformance permits are required before ground breaking or construction activity begins for a new structure, addition or remodel.
A zoning conformance application is also required in advance of ground breaking and construction in order to pave a lot, change curb and gutter or add a sidewalk.

Fireworks & Permits
The sale and use of fireworks within the City of Polson is allowed. Fireworks can only be sold from June 24th – July 5th, and from December 29th – 31st. Permits are required for selling fireworks ($300) and for all public displays ($500). Display permits must be applied for in writing no sooner than 15 days in advance but the permit fee is refundable with proper proof of insurance. Fireworks Permits

Business Licenses

The City of Polson does not require a General Business License. However there are specific licenses required for certain activities:

Solicitor’s License
All persons participating in Street Vending, Peddling or Outside Solicitation are required to have a City Solicitor’s License. Applications can be obtained at City Hall and will take 48 hours to process. License fees are $25 which includes an investigation cost, an additional $10 fee per person selling is required.

Certificate of Occupancy/Change of Use and Fire Codes Pre-Incident Plan applications are required for the occupation of a building for business use. The applications are available at City Hall and must be processed prior to public opening.

Home occupations in residential zones shall meet criteria including floor area, parking, outdoor storage, employees and signage.